Questions and Answers (FAQ
- When will the Sassuolo-Bologna match take place?
- The match between Sassuolo and Bologna will take place on Saturday, October 28, 2023 at 3.00 pm.
- Who is the referee for the match between Sassuolo and Bologna?
- The referee of the match is Antonio Giwa
- Who is the referee in VAR?
- The video assistant referee for the match between Sassuolo and Bologna will be Lorenzo Maggioni
- Where will Sassuolo play – Bologna?
- The match will be held in Reggio Emilia
- In which stadium do Sassuolo and Bologna play?
- Mapei Stadium – Tricolor City
- Who are the top scorers for both teams?
- So far, Sassuolo’s top scorer is Domenico Berardi, with 5 goals, while Bologna’s top scorer is Riccardo Orsolini, with 4 goals.
- What is the result of the match between Sassuolo and Bologna?
- In the 12th minute of the first half, the score was 0-1: Sassuolo – Bologna
- Who scored for Bologna?
- Bologna’s goal was scored by Joshua Zirkzee in the third minute
Sassuolo – Bologna is valid for match number 10 of the 2023/2024 Italian League Championship.
The match is scheduled to take place on October 28 at 3:00pm at the MAPEI – Citta del Tricolore in Reggio Emilia.
The referee for the match between Sassuolo and Bologna will be Antonio Giua, assisted by Valerio Vecchi and Marco Ciulín. Lorenzo Maggioni will be on VAR instead.
Sassuolo currently ranks 14th in the standings with 10 points (3 wins, 1 draw and 6 defeats); On the other hand, Bologna occupies sixth place in the standings with 17 points (result of 4 wins, 5 draws, and 1 defeat).
Sassuolo scored 12 goals and conceded 17 goals. Bologna scored 11 goals and conceded 7 goals.
At home, Sassuolo scored 6 points (2 wins, 0 draws and 3 defeats). Away from home, Bologna scored 4 points (0 wins, 4 draws and 0 defeats).
In their last 3 matches, Sassuolo faced Monza, Lecce and Lazio, earning 1 point thanks to 0 wins, 1 draw and 2 defeats.
In the last 3 matches, Bologna faced Empoli, Inter, and Frosnon, and obtained 7 points from two wins, one draw, and zero defeats.
Sassuolo met Lazio in their last match and lost 0-2, while Bologna met Frosinone and won 2-1.
The best scorer for the team coached by Alessio Dionisi is Domenico Berardi, with 5 goals, while the best scorer for the team coached by Thiago Motta is Riccardo Orsolini, with 4 goals.
Sassuolo and Bologna have faced each other 18 times in the league. In previous matches, Sassuolo won 6 times, Bologna won 7 times, and they tied 5 times.
Sassuolo-Bologna under X-ray: historical data, trends and curiosities
- Sassuolo have lost each of their first round matches in the last two Italian League tournaments to Bologna without scoring, with Alessio Dionisi on the bench, having lost only once in all seven previous matches (W4, D2) played in the first half of the season. season. The great tournament against the Emilites.
- Sassuolo conceded goals in all nine of their home Serie A matches against Bologna; Among the teams that have faced at least five home matches in Serie A, only against Napoli have the Neroverdi played more matches without managing to keep a clean sheet (10 matches against the Neapolitans).
- Sassuolo have lost two of their last three league matches (1N), having won three of the previous four (1L); In 2023, no team has suffered more defeats than the Neroverdi in Serie A (15, tied with Empoli).
- Bologna have drawn all four of their away matches in this tournament and can register five ‘X’s in their first five away matches this season for the first time in their Serie A history. Overall, only four teams have drawn all of their first five away matches in a single tournament: Juventus (1980/81), Perugia (1979/80), Napoli (1974/75) and Torino (1973/74).
- Bologna is on a winning streak in eight consecutive league matches (3 wins, 5 d) – the last defeat dates back to the first day against Milan (0-2) – The Rossoblu have not remained unbeaten in several consecutive matches in the Italian League. Since the series of nine recorded between November 2008 and January 2009, with Sinisa Mihajlovic on the bench.
- Sassuolo have conceded goals in 17 consecutive matches in the major tournament (34 goals conceded during this period – an average of two goals per match): this is the longest open streak among the teams participating in this tournament. The Neroverde’s last clean sheet in Serie A dates back to April 16, in a 1-0 win (Deverell’s goal), at home, against Juventus.
- Sassuolo and Bologna have two very different philosophies: the black-and-green is the formation with the most vertical attacks (23) in Serie A, and Bologna (136) is second only to Napoli (153) in terms of sequence of open play at least. 10 passes.
- Domenico Berardi’s last league goal came from a penalty kick against Lecce on 6 October; In the last three seasons (as of 2021/22), the Sassuolo striker is the player with the highest penalty kick percentage in the top five European leagues: 94% (15 from 16 kicks), ahead of Erling Haaland and Wissam. Ben Yedder (both 93%).
- With the goal against Frosinone in the final round of the tournament, Lorenzo De Silvestri scored at the age of 35 years and 152 days: only Danilo (36 years and 63 days on 12/07/2020 vs. Parma) found the net as an older player among the players. Defenders in the history of Bologna in the Italian League. The 1988 team was able to score in two consecutive matches in the major tournament for the first time since May 2018, with Torino (against Napoli and SPAL).
- Riccardo Orsolini scored four goals in his first nine matches for the first time in his career in an Italian league; The Bologna winger was involved in five goals (four goals and one assist) against Sassuolo: against any other team who performed better in the competition (e.g. Udinese and Parma).
These are the statistics for the two teams in the matches they played so far in the tournament:
|Number of matches won||3||3|
|Number of matches lost||5||1|
|Number of matches drawn||1||5|
|Total goals scored||12||10|
|Total goals conceded||16||7|
|Average goals conceded per match||1.8||0.8|
|Ball possession percentage||45.2||53.2|
|Total number of steps||3621||4533|
|Total number of successful passes||2965||3894|
|Number of shots on goal per match||41||45|
|Percentage of shots on goal||47.1||52.3|
|Total number of crosses||134||125|
|Average number of successful passes||28||33|
|Duels were won in every match||371||400|
|Duels in every match lost||407||399|
|Number of free kicks in favor||85||100|
|Number of penalties awarded||86||103|
|Processing success rate||57.5||54.8|
|Total number of yellow cards||13||18|
|Total number of red cards||1||1|
Complete standings of the Italian League.
Where to see Sassuolo Bologna
The Sassuolo-Bologna match can be watched live on Virgilio Sport starting at 8.45pm (half an hour earlier) on 28 October.
Look who will broadcast the Sassuolo and Bologna match between Sky or DAZN.
Sassuolo: All the news
Bologna: all the news
“Award-winning beer geek. Extreme coffeeaholic. Introvert. Avid travel specialist. Hipster-friendly communicator.”