Residential PV Incentives 2023
(Rinnovabili.it) – The Residential PV In recent years it has been the real growth lever for the Italian solar energy sector. merit Custom incentives and tax rebates, such as building rewards, which made spending more convenient, thus reducing payback times. But above all, to allow a segment of the population to mitigate the effects of expensive energy. Unfortunately, nothing has changed forever, and even the subsidies for domestic photovoltaics have undergone a deep revision in recent months, also thanks to the changes in Superbonus, one of the strongest drivers of 2022. Just think of last year about 137,000 photovoltaic plants in Italy that benefited from 110% off. We’re talking about more than half of all solar power systems built in 2022.
But today, among tax breaks, “social” projects, and new forms of self-consumption, it still exists Various incentives for residential photovoltaic energy 2023. Tools that facilitate the installation of solar panels at the home or condominium level, which sometimes rewards production. And even if there is no real PV bonus for 2023, it is not said that you cannot benefit from one of the many measures currently in place.
Read also PV with heat pumps to reduce the bill by 84%.
IRPEF deductions, in lieu of the 2023 PV bonus
50% home bonus – The most famous and “oldest” incentive for domestic photovoltaics remains the house bonus. This tax measure will remain in effect until December 31, 2024 (unless extended) and allows for a deduction of 50% of expenses incurred (transfers made) for construction and technological interventions on the property. Including installation Solar panels on the roof, balcony or facade with related storage systems. The measure also covers a potential expansion of the existing solar system but peak power cannot exceed 20 kilowatts. There is a maximum spending of €96,000 per property unit.
superbonus – Superbonus still appears within residential photovoltaic incentives in 2023. Purchase and installation of photovoltaic modules can in fact be configured as a ‘paid’ intervention in the discount discipline. But in terms of tax rates and beneficiaries, the new year has brought many changes. The 110% discount remains only for interventions in villas and only for expenses made by September 30, 2023. The rate then drops to 90% until the end of the year.
Bonus directly to 90% of 2023 expenditures for domestic photovoltaics in the case of condominiums or first home owners. For the latter option, the annual income must not exceed 15,000 euros. The calculation is based on the new family ratio. The entries of all family members are added together, and the result divided by the number of members. Instead, exclude second homes, renters, and borrowers. This IRPEF discount rate will increase to 70% in 2024 and to 65% in 2025.
Energy income, when residential photovoltaic cells are free
Even better than the 2023 PV tax incentives? the energy income. Energy income initiatives and proposals have been put forward by different regions and the basic mechanism is always the same. The tool allows to obtain pLocal sun rings without spending a euro. The regional administration finances the photovoltaic system – purchase, installation, connection, maintenance and insurance – and grants to households The right to free self-consumption of energy electricity produced. In return, it retains the dues due from the GSE for a portion of the electricity that is not self-consumed but fed into the grid through metering on the spot. The resources thus obtained feed the fund that should support the project over the years.
With the exception of drafts, proposals and promises, the initiative is active today in three areas:
- in Sardinia As the 2023 tender will be published soon to participate in the project. Individuals and housing units will have access to the measure but priority will be given to families in difficult socio-economic conditions assessed on the basis of the ISEE index value (soon to be established by the Regional Council); Families of five or more people, young couples, families consisting of elderly people over the age of sixty-five, and families with more than two minor children; Families with at least one member with a disability. (laws here reference standard)
- in Lazio. The region has authorized a total expenditure of 2 million euros in 2023 and 5 million for 2024 for this project. Residential home users or condominiums from households whose ISEE income does not exceed 35 thousand can apply for regional energy income in euros. (laws here reference standard)
- in Puglia As the last tender actually closed in August 2022 but a third tender could be held in May 2023. Overall, the measure saves about €6.8 million and provides a non-repayable grant of a maximum of €6,000 per purchase and installation of solar thermal panels. In this case, families with an ISEE of less than 20,000 euros can apply for energy income. For condominiums, on the other hand, the Puglia region explains itself, it is also possible to add an accumulation system. In this case, the maximum contribution to the expense is 8,500 euros. (laws here reference information)
Regional Incentives for Residential PV 2023
Contribution of FGV pv: Friuli Venezia Giulia is the only region with Basilicata that currently offers incentives for photovoltaics by 2023. The action covers the purchase and installation of solar energy systems and electricity storage systems, designed to service real estate units in residential use with cadastral class from A1 to A9 and A11 located in the regional area . Subsidies are waived through tenders and granted without grant in an amount not to exceed 40% of the total expenses from interfering. For PV systems less than 800W (including plug and play systems) there is a spending limit of €1,720. For larger systems a maximum cost of €3,000 per kilowatt is eligible, up to a maximum of €18,000.
Photovoltaic contribution of Basilicata: Region Grant Incentives for residential PV 2023 but only for systems serving residential units not connected to the methane grid. It is clearly located within Lucanian territory. The measure will remain open until December 2023 and provides a non-repayable grant of up to €5,000, which can be extended to €7,500 in the case of joint implementation of other interventions (eg installation of small wind power or solar thermal collectors). It can cover the stimulus Up to 100% of eligible expenses.
CER and self-consumption, when the photovoltaic energy is “shared”
One of the possibilities for incentives for residential PV modules 2023 is also the one you offer New shared power configurations. In this case, the contribution is about production rather than purchase and installation, but it remains an attractive opportunity. The CER decree drawn up by the Ministry of Environment and Energy Security provides an incentive for 100 EUR/MWh For a period of 20 years if the shared energy share is equal to or greater than 70% of the energy produced. In any case, the intervention can be combined with 90% of the super rewards.
On the other hand, if a true energy community could be created (and thus bypass a single condominium building), the incentive would increase:
- For plants with an output of less than 200 kW, the decree provides for a fixed tariff of 80 euros per MWh for combined energy plus a variable tariff of a maximum of 120 euros per MWh;
- With sizes from 200 to 600 kW, a fixed tariff of 70 € per MWh plus a variable tariff of a maximum of 110 € per MWh;
- For PV plants of more than 600 kW, the fixed tariff drops to 60 € per MWh, to which is added the variable tariff up to a maximum of 100 € per MWh;
The regulation also includes a premium of 4 euros per megawatt hour for the central regions (Lazio, Marche, Tuscany, Umbria and Abruzzo) and 10 euros per megawatt hour for those in the north.
“Infuriatingly humble social media buff. Twitter advocate. Writer. Internet nerd.”