there Mobility Today, as far as the four-wheel drive is concerned, it no longer lives on the duality of petrol and diesel, but expresses itself in many areas that over time have gained increasing space and confidence in motorists. Just think of the rise of the hybrid and the continuing rise of the electric. Quieter, but no less important, even hydrogen gently knocks on the door, which, to some, remains a mystery. So, let’s see what are the specifications, pros and cons hydrogen car.
Hydrogen cars have a function that is friendly, in a sense, to that electrical TRUE. The most obvious difference is in the power source that drives the wheels. cars fuel cell (those fueled by hydrogen) produce electricity independently, without getting it from an integrated battery pack, as happens in BEVs and plug-in hybrids, which use the charge from an external electrical socket.
inside fuel cells The reverse electrolysis process takes place, in which hydrogen reacts with oxygen. The hydrogen is then stored in one or more tanks in the vehicle, while the oxygen is absorbed from the surrounding air. The interaction between these different elements results in electricity, heat and water that comes out of the exhaust in the form of water vapor and does not cause any negative impact on the environment.
there The current was born In a fuel cell, it’s sent to both the electric motor and the battery that collects it and then transfers it to traction when necessary. This battery is smaller in size than a pure electric car. Finally, even hydrogen cars are able to recover energy when braking, to store it in the battery.
The pros and cons of hydrogen cars
- the Short regeneration time: unlike electric cars, a hydrogen tank of a fuel cell car can be filled in less than five minutes, as in “conventional” petrol or diesel cars;
- Good autonomyA tank full of hydrogen is sufficient to cover a distance of at least 500 km, but there are examples of longer distances. Technology is making great strides, even in this area. Furthermore, the autonomy of the hydrogen car is not adversely affected by cold or excessive heat, as well as its ability to perform at its best even at high speeds;
- A friend of the environment: Even in the case of these vehicles, we are talking about zero environmental impact, thanks to the absence of any kind of harmful emissions into the air.
- Weak infrastructure: at least in Italy, for the time being, one can count on very few refueling points, primarily located in the north of the country.
- The purchase price is not cheap: Fuel cell technology, in constant development, does not allow to reduce the final costs for users. For this reason, their purchase price is high and not for all budgets.
The range of hydrogen offers for Italian motorists is completely bare, with only two solutions from the East: Hyundai Nexo And Toyota Mirai. The first is an SUV with attractive features and excellent characteristics, equipped with three tanks of 52.2 liters each, allowing a total declared range of more than 650 km from WLTP. Despite its weight of over 2 tons, it is capable of sprinting from 0 to 100 km/h in 10 seconds with its 120 kW. price about 77,000 euros.
The second is a more traditional and elegant sedan, now in its second generation. Mirai is a modern car with a length of more than 5 meters, equipped with 330 cells and a system of large-capacity cylinders that allow a range of 650 km, with a rear engine of 128 kW. price 66,000 euros.
“Infuriatingly humble social media buff. Twitter advocate. Writer. Internet nerd.”
Deducting premium and donating property: What to do to avoid making mistakes in 730
Feder Mobile: Ultra 100 GB news, new activation and wallet cost from € 3.99 – MondoMobileWeb.it | News | telephony
The internet has revealed the trick of getting it without a fixed line and I Superfast contract and spending only €13 a month