The Giallorossi dominates and flies in front: a double for the Argentine, Ibanez signs with the trio
The evening is framed for Rome From Mourinho In the middle of the week before the fourth round of the Italian Serie A finds the Portuguese super coach Dybala Temporarily issued solitary arrangement. It’s actually a double from the Argentine (who scored 100 goals in Serie A) in the first half, along with a goal Ibanez The second half, to subtract 3-0 Monza Stroppa was sentenced to last place with zero points after four matches. Ten points instead for the Geloorusi.
Roma achieved their third victory in the league and rose to ten points, confirming an excellent start to the season, as they temporarily took the lead alone in the standings. The opposite situation for Monza which remains very last with zero points and Stroppa’s seat begins to vibrate. The match had already ended in the first half thanks to Dybala’s offer: the Argentine scored two goals in a quarter of an hour between 18 and 32 minutes and beat the Giallorossi crowd. Ready Abraham goes and launches Dybala with a nice header, the former Juventus flies towards the opponent’s goal and closes his left at the far post. Not even Monza’s time to organize a response, something Dybala again doubled down on theft with a slip of Abraham’s shot rejected by Di Gregorio. Cynical Mourinho’s side, who put the finishing touches on two big chances in the first half, in the second half even the treble reached 60 minutes, definitively breaking Brianza’s hopes. Good third time for Ibanez with a corner kick from Pellegrini and a header. Stroppa changes the entire attack but his team does not reverse the rally, then the pace gradually slows down and Roma runs without problems. The only sentiments before the final whistle were a broken keel from Machin and Belotti who, as soon as he debuted in his new Capitoline jersey, used Di Gregorio. Then out of tune from a Giallorossi evening: El Shaarawy’s muscle injury leaves the pitch recovering, but the Special One can smile anyway tonight.
Christy 6.5 – Security in the midfield with dynamic and filter in front of the defense, also useful for entries in the offensive phase
Ibrahim 7 Excellent understanding with Dybala, participating in the first two goals of the Argentine and doing valuable work in front
Sensi 6 – Called in to take over the Brianza midfield, he tries with good footing and gives tunes to his teammates
Betagna 5 – Alone in the attack, poor service, trying to elbow and work with the body but results do not come
Roma Monza 3-0
Rome (3-4-1-2): Rui Patricio 6, Mancini 6,5, Cumbula sv (28′ Smalling point 6), Ibanez 6,5, Celec 6, Cristante 6,5, Matic 6,5, Zalosky 6 (20′ Spinazzola Street 6), Pellegrini 6, 5 (35′ st Bove sv), Dybala 7.5 (20′ st El Shaarawy 6), Abraham 7 (35′ st Belotti 6.5). Available: Svilar, Boyer, Shumorodov, Fina, Karsdorp, Trippi. Mourinho’s flocks 7
Monza (3-5-2): Di Gregorio 5.5, Marrone 4.5 (1′ st Molina 5), Marlon 5.5, Caldirola 5.5, Birindelli 5.5, Pessina 5 (17′ st Ranocchia 5), Sensi 6 (39′ st Bondo sv), Machin 5.5, Carlos Augusto 5.5, Capari 5 (18 Dani Motta Street 6), Petagna 5 (17 Cioria 6 St.). Available: Cragno, Sorrentino, Antof, Jetcgair, Valotti, Carbone, Colpani, Barberis, Bondo, Vignato. Att. Stroppa 5
Rule: Piccinini 6
Signs: 18′ and 32′ Dybala (R), 16′ st Ibanez (R)
ammonites: Machin, Marlon, Syria
• Roma find themselves with 10 points in the standings after their first four Serie A matches this season for the first time since 2014/15 (12 out of 12 in this case, with Rudi Garcia at the helm).
• Monza lost its first four matches in the Italian League. The last team to suffer four defeats in their first four Premier League games was Benevento in the 2017/18 season.
• 50% of Roma’s goals in this league (3/6) came from a corner kick. Since Jose Mourinho sat on the bench at the Giallorossi (2021/22), the Capitoline are the team that have made the most of this game’s Serie A status: 14.
• With two goals against Monza, Paulo Dybala became the eighth player to touch the threshold of 100 goals and 50 assists in Serie A since Opta collected the winning assists details (since 2004/05).
• The last 14 goals Paulo Dybala scored in Serie A was on 7 April 2018 with Juventus in Benevento, as well as in the case of the newly promoted team.
• Monza has become the 28th victim of Paulo Dybala in the first division: since his first goal in the competition (November 2012), only Dzeko (29) and Immobile and Zapata (both 32) are counted the most.
• Paulo Dybala failed to score in the Olympico in the Italian Serie A match since January 9, in Juventus’ 4-3 victory over Roma.
• Paulo Dybala found the goal he missed in the Grand Slam tournament since May 6 against Genoa.
• Three of Ibanez’s four goals came in the Italian league at Olympico (the first with Roma as a visiting team in the derby on 9/26/2021), and the last against Spezia in December 2021.
• Ibanez scored four goals in 38 matches in the last two seasons of the Italian Serie A: he did not score any goals in the previous three editions of the tournament, in 40 matches.
• Chris Smalling’s 100th match for Roma, after all tournaments.
“Award-winning beer geek. Extreme coffeeaholic. Introvert. Avid travel specialist. Hipster-friendly communicator.”
Live broadcast Barcelona-Roma Women 5-1: Watch the match live broadcast
How did Juve go?
Spain falls under the blows of McTominay in Hampden Park Hell! Well Switzerland and Croatia