Wood heating in a stove or fireplace may be an idea to offset the price of gas. But is it really affordable?
We have decided that gas heating this year is not for us. We want to switch to a biomass plant, which is wood. But it will already be one good idea? let’s think The pros and cons of this possibility.
The The war continues in UkraineWe understood that it certainly fits more than one “theme”. Except for the ordinary citizens who found themselves with them within a few months Massive inflation and unrealistic prices on everything. Heating included.
everybodyTherefore, it makes its own evaluations, Think about the available budget, but also comfort and sustainability and how to heat the house without risking everything wrong. In fact, despite the huge amount of information circulating on this topic, it can be difficult to make a decision. Use less radiators? Do you want to switch to Pellet? Dust off the heater? The Variables There are many, unfortunately, too unknown.
Let’s try then Deepening one of the many aspects of this energy crisis, evaluating the pros and cons of heating with wood to burn.
Is it still worth warming up with wood? Current prices, advantages and disadvantages
Let’s start by listing the main elements Positive and negative aspects inherent in wood heating. First of all, there are many stoves and boilers that operate on this fuel, and therefore they can satisfy many needs. In fact, apart from the classic fireplace that heats only one room, Tyrolean stoves can be found in the market. they are real Plants that consume little wood But this is thanks to certain characteristics, They give off heat For a long time.
- Reverse: Tirol stoves stubby cost several thousand euros And you need a lot of space to store wood.
Then there is also a file Wooden stoves that can be used for cooking, thus saving gas for cooking. as well Wooden boilers can be connected to the existing system As well as providing domestic hot water.
- Reverse: Let’s talk about Complex modifications and interventions which can not be imagined independently. We’ll have to call one Specialized Company Go and invest a lot of money.
else Benefits In choosing wood heating I definitely comfort and theIndependence from electricity. In fact, the heat diffused by fire gives many people more luxury than that of radiators. Then the wood stove is manually operated, to me difference for example Pellet stoves or boilers that require electricity.
Let’s not forget then The possibility of benefiting from tax deductions and bonuses, because wood-fired plants are among the biomass plants. And therefore A potential investment can have its economic return too.
- But let’s move on to Negatives Which will currently affect those who have decided to switch to wood heating. first of all, The price of this fuel – Because of inflation, war and speculation – It has practically doubled. If until last year 10 quintals From wood cost about 120-150 euros, today we have to spend at least 300 EUR.
- Last but not least, we remind you that stoves and fireplaces need maintenance just like other systems. Interfering with chimneys with a professional chimney mop can give us some ‘bad’ surprisesAnd doing this on your own is very frustrating unless you are really experienced.
- In addition to Burning wood produces more dirt and dustAnd we must have some Enough space to store it And let him mature.
However, once all factors are taken into account We will be able to choose more calmly If this is the case with Switch to wood or not.
Tell us the solutions you use to counteract the price hike
How do you save on bills? Today it gives a voice to businesses, professionals, and families who are constantly suffering from energy shock. Your voice matters, tell us the solutions you use to counteract the price hike by sending an email to “Mail of informationoggi.it”
“Freelance social media evangelist. Organizer. Certified student. Music maven.”