The Black Screen of Death is a particularly frequent problem on Switch — here’s how to fix it without going crazy
Point of view: You just got back from the store with your steamy, shiny copy of The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. You’re dying to try it out, so open the package and run for your Nintendo Switch that’s been sitting on the shelf for months waiting for a new exclusive worthy of a hybrid console. However, when I turn it on, the screen stays black, and the keys don’t seem to work.
Now, reactions can range from crying to immediately calling customer service, but in reality, all you have to do is just stay calm. This screen isn’t the end of your console…maybe.
black screen of death
The dreaded “black screen of death” is Unfortunately a common problem on Nintendo Switch. If your screen is stuck black and the buttons seem to do nothing, don’t worry. There may be a simple solution to this problem. In fact, the problem is much less deadly than the name suggests. For most of you, a soft reset will fix the problem.
But this is not always the case. Let’s analyze the causes and solutions to the black screen of death on Nintendo Switch.
What is it and what does it entail
The “black screen of death” is a term that refers to a very common crash issue on the Nintendo Switch. When you launch a game, a black screen may appear. The switch may still be on and the speakers may work, however The screen is completely black.
- Nintendo Switch screen (docked or in handheld) is black.
- Nintendo Switch freezes on black screen Using the home button brings up the power options menu, but selecting an option doesn’t work.
This collapse Especially frequent after the update From a Nintendo Switch, a game update, or when you’re running an installed game that you just finished downloading.
How to fix it yourself
If you are stuck at the black screen, you have a few options to try.
- Press and hold the power button for 30-60 seconds. Then release and press the Power button again. to start the console. Try performing this operation while your Nintendo Switch is undocked.
- If that doesn’t work, plug your Nintendo Switch in until it’s fully charged. Charging may take up to 2 hours. Try again after recharging.
If it still doesn’t worktry the next version.
- If the power key does not work, try holding down the power key + both volume controls – or the power key + volume down – for 30-60 seconds.
- If the problem persists, you may need to try again after removing the SD card or game cartridge. Usually, this problem occurs only once and does not repeat itself.
In severe cases…
If the problem persists then it could be battery related. If you are using Nintendo Switch and You have not connected it for a long time, the battery may be completely empty. A dead battery may be the cause of the problem: dead batteries can be replaced by after-market repair shops or by yourself (only if you are skilled enough).
A battery replacement kit costs between 25 and 30 euros on Amazon (then links) or in any specialized store. This is a standard fix that shouldn’t be too difficult to perform if you follow the instructions. No need to remove the CPU or other cards e The battery is accessible Open the Nintendo Switch case.
“Unable to type with boxing gloves on. Freelance organizer. Avid analyst. Friendly troublemaker. Bacon junkie.”
PlayStation will not be present at Gamescom 2023, according to a Sony spokesperson
Road test and review of the new Skoda Kamiq 2023, a really interesting car for the money
The Iliad is more appropriate: there are three secret performances that not everyone knows about