We live in the world we have, not the world we want. We like to be surrounded by decent people, but there will always be a bizarre here and there. It’s the same on a large scale. We have to live with the scoundrels hiding in the UN, in particular.
Joe Biden knows one or two things about international affairs. He cut his teeth on the Foreign Affairs Committee, which he chaired twice in his 36 years in the Senate. Then, during his eight years as vice president, he traveled around the world on behalf of Barack Obama.
He is a coach, Joe Biden. A man who believes in sidewalk discussions, quarrels with his opponents and painful compromises. This is what half a century in politics has taught him, and even today, it allows him to believe in the accomplishment of his major investment plans with billions of dollars in investment.
World interests and behind-the-scenes manipulation prompted him to seek and defend a place for the United States in the controversial United Nations Human Rights Council. “Controversial” doesn’t exactly fit when you look at who sits on this board; The prank would be more appropriate.
“A Swamp of Political Prediction”
Washington is coming back into this government. Donald Trump banged on in 2018, denouncing his ambassador to the UN a list of members full of pro-Israel and gross human rights abuses.
The pro-Israel bias is almost ashamed: more resolutions have been passed against the Hebrew state to treat the Palestinians against all other rights abuses on the planet … together.
The plight of the Palestinians under Israeli occupation is undoubtedly reprehensible and the international community – led by the United States and Canada – must continue to engage in the creation of a peaceful Palestinian state with Israel.
Word of Worst
It is doubtful that more attention will be paid to this conflict following such a serious loss if not for the worst abuses elsewhere in the world.
Mandatory contraception of Uyghurs in China? Homosexual harassment compared to animals in Nigeria? Labor camps and brief executions in North Korea?
Upon entering the White House, Joe Biden pledged to respect human rights at the center of his foreign policy, so he returned to the UN Human Rights Council. He must pinch both nose and elbow to advance his ambitions.
The United States will sit with Cameron, who has been accused by government forces of torture and murder, as well as Eritrea, who recently committed other abuses in the Ethiopian diocese and the United Arab Emirates, in addition to violating individual rights. Tolerance “Human Rights Watch was scratched earlier this month.
In short, another challenge for a president who does not exist.
Rights Council Of man United Nations
- Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Fijian Najat Shameem Khan has been president since January 2021.
- The UN has 47 members elected by the General Assembly.
- Developed to promote and protect human rights around the world.
Suspicious human rights defenders
- “Armed conflicts, insecurity, insecurity and humanitarian crises are causing severe abuse to the Somali public.”
United Arab Emirates
- Despite declaring 2019 to be the ‘Year of Tolerance’, the Emirati leadership has shown no tolerance for any peaceful dissent. ”
- “The Cuban government continues to suppress and punish dissent.”
- “13 million Uyghurs and other Muslims in Xinjiang face severe persecution [avec] Spontaneous mass restraint, surveillance, teaching and destruction of cultural and religious heritage. ”
“Prone to fits of apathy. Introvert. Award-winning internet evangelist. Extreme beer expert.”