Welcome all stat geeks! “Box Score Bulletin’” is sifting through, analyzing and summarizing all of the NBA box scores from the previous day and night, so you don’t have to! So sip your coffee and enjoy the good, the bad and the ugly…
Heat (1-1) 94 @ Clippers (0-2) 80
- Leading scorers: MIA – LeBron James 20, LAC – Blake Griffin 19.
- Well, LeBron is clearly in mid-preseason form. 20 points 5 rebounds and 5 assists in 26 minutes.
- After going 0-1 from 3-point range in his first game, Ray Allen bombed 4-8 from behind the arc (15 total points) in this one.
- Did free throw shooting slide down to the bottom of the priority list for DeAndre Jordan this summer? Apparently, with his 1-10 from the free throw line. Good thing they’re “free.”
- The Clips turned the ball over 25 times in this game (Griffin 6, Crawford 5), with the Heat scoring 25 points off those turnovers.
Knicks (1-0) 108 @ Wizards (0-2) 101
- Leading scorers: NY – Steve Novak 21, WAS – Jordan Crawford 17.
- The Knicks shot an incredible 18-33 (55%) from 3-point range. Novak and Carmelo were a perfect 7-7 and 3-3, while Pablo Prigioni (who?) was 4-8.
- Rookie Bradley Beal impressed again with 15 points, 5 rebounds and 5 assists.
- Martell Webster continued his push for major minutes with 12 points and 10 rebounds.
- Defense? There was only 1 blocked shot in this entire game (Kevin Seraphin).
76ers (1-0) 102 @ Magic (0-2) 95
- Leading scorers: PHI – Jrue Holiday 27, ORL – Glen Davis 16.
- This was very much the Jrue Holiday show, as he went 12-14 from the field and didn’t even need a free throw to amass his 27 points. He also added 4 rebounds and 3 assists.
- Former Villanova Wildcat Maalik Wayns, vying for a roster spot, finished with 6 points, 7 rebounds and 6 assists.
- Two Magic players posted double doubles: Glen Davis with 16 pts, 12 rebs and Nikola Vucevic (playing against his former team) had 12 pts and 10 rebs.
- Rookie Andrew Nicholson (sorry, a fellow Canadian) had 14 points on 7-15 shooting.
- The Magic outscored the Sixers 58-36 in the paint.
Hornets (3-0) 90 @ Bobcats (1-2) 87
- Leading scorers: NOH – Brian Roberts 16, CHA – Ben Gordon, Byron Mullens 15.
- VERY early rookie of the year comparison: Anthony Davis 12 pts, 9 rebs, 1 blk. Michael Kidd-Gilchrist 1 pt, 4 rebs, 2 blks.
- The Bobcats went 5-22 from three. Is it necessarily a good thing when your PF/C (Mullens) takes 7 of his 9 shots from behind the arc. Then again, Mullens does have a sweet moutstache and it is the Bobcats.
- This is as typical as it gets for a Ben Gordon game: 15 points (5-14 FG), 1 rebounds and 0 assists. Gordon gets my vote for the most over-hyped Fantasy player of all time.
- Another 3 blocks for Bismack Biyombo his this game. That’s 8 so far in 3 games for the second year big man.
Maccabi (N/A) 100 @ Warriors (3-0) 108
- Leading scorers: MAC – Donta Smith 28, GSW – Carl Landry 24.
- Maccabi didn’t get much of a bench contribution, as the starters combined for 82 of the 100 points scored.
- Warriors starters (Landry, Barnes, Thompson, Ezeli and Curry) shot a collection 31-50 (62%) from the floor.
- After saying that he was exhausted and his ankle felt sore after his first game back in months, Steph Curry bounced back in this one with a double double, 13 points, 10 assists and 4 rebounds.