1. A trio of interesting stat lines in Wake Forestâ€™s 96-92 double overtime win over Xavier:
- Al-Farouq Aminu put up 26 points and 18 rebounds in 41 minutes of action. Thatâ€™s his second 20-point, 15-rebound game in the span of a week. He joins Texasâ€™ Damion James as the only power six conference players with multiple 20-15 games this season.
- In the first 102 games of his college career, Ishmael Smith never scored 20 points in a game. On Sunday, he poured in 28 in 49 minutes of action. Itâ€™s most minutes played by an ACC player since Toney Douglas played 49 for Florida State in 2008.
- In the strange line department, Chas McFarland came off the bench to pull down 14 rebounds, but did not convert on any of his five field goal attempts. Thatâ€™s the most rebounds without a field goal by any player in Division I this season.
1. I’ve been really impressed with Aminu. By no means is he the DeJuan Blair of this class, but you could do far worse than him.
2.Â That’s right, Toney Douglas’ college career ressurrected. By Ishmael. I sincerely hope Smith gets drafted. Because we need more Ishmael’s in the league.
3. Chas and Ben Wallace should go bowling. In fact, they could make a show about it. “Bowling with Chas and Ben Wallace.”