The new year witnessed a sharp rise in cases control Throughout Spanish geography. Cases have doubled in the past week, according to the Carlos III Health Institute (ISCII).
Barsoom Respiratory infections Last week, it reached 908.6 cases per 100,000 inhabitants, which represents an increase of 12.7 percent compared to the previous week. Among the three respiratory diseases, the disease that increases the most is… controlSpecifically 25% (7% more than the previous week), followed by VRS (14,2) f SARS-CoV-2Which is growing by 13.6%.
Therefore, to prevent influenza and other respiratory viruses, specialists recommend following a balanced and healthy diet. And if we get infected too.
“Foods that are high in nutrients, good quality and easy to digest contribute to maintaining a healthy body immune system Sa Fort.
Therefore, as he points out Natalia Galan, Nutritionist to Sanitas Blue U:
“During a cold, it is important to eat a balanced diet rich in vegetables and fruits, with the aim of reducing symptoms and avoiding complications.”
What foods should I eat if I have the flu or a cold?
In order to relieve symptoms, whether you are at the beginning of the flu or if you are suffering from strong cold symptoms, the nutritionist provides some nutritional recommendations that we should take:
- everyone: It is an antibacterial food that has antitussive, expectorant and expectorant properties, and is ideal for fighting colds. It also consists of allicin, an antiseptic that reduces inflammation and reduces nasal congestion.
- squash: Rich in beta-carotene (organic pigments that turn into vitamin A when absorbed by the body), and its nutrients increase defenses and protect against viruses. In case of allergies, it can be replaced with Carlota without any problem, as its benefits are very similar.
- OnionOne of its main properties is quercetin, a natural antibiotic that acts as an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant. In addition, since it is an expectorant remedy, it loosens the mucous membrane.
- or: Provides minerals such as zinc or selenium that strengthen the immune system. It is recommended to eat at least 2 or 3 per week so as not to lack nutrients, because this deficiency would increase the chances of contracting colds.
- ginger: It relieves signs of congestion by cleaning the respiratory tube and dissolving phlegm thanks to its analgesic, antipyretic and antibacterial properties. By adding honey and lemon, you can get a very useful infusion for fighting the flu.
- kiwi: Thanks to its antioxidant properties, it is able to prevent infections, and due to its high level of vitamin C (twice as that of oranges), it enhances the absorption of iron, which strengthens the immune system.
Can I exercise if I'm constipated?
Respiratory infections can be a nuisance for those who exercise on a regular basis. In these cases, if discomfort does not prevent us, Pedro Jimenez, personal trainer From bluaU de Sanitas, warns that:
“Exercise can facilitate breathing, thus relieving nasal congestion, as long as the sessions are short, at a gentle pace and the intensity is controlled so that they do not exceed level 7 in terms of perceived exertion. It should be noted that if you have a fever, it is not appropriate to exercise.” .
“Infuriatingly humble social media buff. Twitter advocate. Writer. Internet nerd.”