What is the best stadium in Europe? The British site Money has compiled a ranking of the best and worst European plants. The ranking is based on reviews posted by visiting fans on three different sources: Tripadvisor, Google, and Football Ground Map.
The best stadium in Europe is Westfalenstadion in Dortmund, home of Borussia since 1974, with an average rating of 4.57 out of 5. While the worst is Carlo Castellani in Empoli, with a score of 2.90 / 5. In the ranking of the worst European stadiums, there are also four other Italian stadiums: Pierluigi Pinzo in Venice, Marcantonio Bentegodi in Verona, Artemio Franchi in Florence and Diego Armando Maradona in Naples.
The best Italian stadium is San Siro, home of Inter and Milan, which is 11th in the standings. In the first 30 stadiums, there is only one more stadium in Italy: the Allianz Stadium in Turin, which hosts Juventus matches.
At the top of the ranking of the best, after Westfalen (score 4.57), six other facilities are linked, at 4.53: Arena Nationala in Bucharest, Camp Nou, ‘Bernabeu’, Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, Narodowy Stadium in Warsaw and Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in London. A high score (4.50) is also for the unrecognized “Stadion An der alten foersterei” in Berlin, home of the Etihad Club, which predates the legendary Wanda Metropolitano Wembley in London (4.47).
The best stadiums in Europe according to Money
- Westfalen Stadium (Borussia Dortmund, Germany): 4.57;
- National Arena (Stewa Bucharest, Romania): 4.53;
- Camp Nou (Barcelona, Spain): 4.53;
- Santiago Bernabeu (Real Madrid): 4.53;
- Millennium Stadium (Jalis): 4,53;
- National Stadium (Bologna): 4.53;
- Tottenham Stadium (Tottenham, England): 4.53;
- Stadium An der Alten Forsterei (Union Berlino, Germania): 4.50;
- Wanda Metropolitano (Atletico Madrid, Spain): 4.47
- Wembley Stadium (England): 4.47;
- San Siro (Inter Milan, Italy): 4.43;
- Allianz Arena (Bayern Monaco, Germany): 4.43.
Worst stadiums in Europe by money
- Castellani Stadium (Empoli, Italy): 2.90;
- Palidos (Celta Viejo, Spain): 3.37;
- Maksimir Stadium (Dinamo Zagabria, Croatia): 3.37;
- King Baudouin Stadium (Belgium): 3.37;
- Coliseum Alfonso Perez (Getafe, Spain): 3.43;
- Pinzo Stadium (Venice, Italy): 3.43;
- Bentegodi Stadium (Hellas Verona, Italy): 3.47;
- Jan Breidel Stadium (Club Brugge, Belgium): 3.50
- Vasil Levski National Stadium (Bulgaria): 3.50;
- Mousson Stadium (Montpellier, France): 3.53;
- Franchi Stadium (Fiorentina, Italy): 3.57;
- University of Bolton Stadium (Bolton, England): 3.57.
“Award-winning beer geek. Extreme coffeeaholic. Introvert. Avid travel specialist. Hipster-friendly communicator.”