AFP journalists reported on Saturday that a Serbian Orthodox church illegally built on the property of a Muslim family in the Straப்nica region had been demolished after the Bosnian war in the 1990s.
After years of legal battles in the country, the husband of 78-year-old Konjevic Polje (East), the husband who was killed in the 1995 Srebrenica massacre, has appealed to the European Court of Human Rights. ‘The man (CDH) who demolished the church in October 2019 called on local authorities to return the land to the family.
This destructive work lasted throughout the day, in the presence of the police, but without incident.
According to a decision by local authorities in 2020, the materials will be moved to the town of Bratunak in the same region that will be used to build a new church.
“Justice in the end. This is my happy day, it’s happy, ”the landlord told AFP.
“I thank everyone who participated in this work. They rebuild it at home, nothing against me. I would never go and pray in a mosque built this way. We all have the same blood. I never touched it. They built it, thank God they remove it, ”said Mr.Me Arlovic.
The church was built in 1998, and after the inter-ethnic war (1992-1995) nearly 100,000 people died while Fata Orlovic was still a refugee. When he returned in 2000, he began his legal battle.
Konjevic Polje is in the Bosnian Serbian company Republika Srpka, whose officials have refused to remove the building. Since the end of the conflict, Bosnia has been divided into two organizations, one Serbian and the other Grod-Muslim.
The church has not always been reconciled between the Serbian (Orthodox) and Bosnian (Muslim) communities. In 2004, about 100 people from the two communities clashed violently.
“There are laws in this country, something is respected, we can finally say we can live normally,” Ms daughter said.Me Arlovic, Hurija Karik, 45 Reply.
The destruction of the church comes three days before the announcement of an international court-martial verdict against former Bosnian Serbian military leader Radko Miladic, who was originally sentenced to life imprisonment, especially for his role in the Srebrenica massacre and siege.
The July 1995 Srebrenica massacre killed about 8,000 Bosnian men and adolescents, which deserves genocide by international justice.
“Prone to fits of apathy. Introvert. Award-winning internet evangelist. Extreme beer expert.”