Today our rescue teams found another body in the rubble, and our search also found human remains.Miami-Tate County Mayor Daniel Levine Kawa told a news conference.
This means that the number of missing drops rises to 156 and the number of confirmed deaths rises to five., He added.
Earlier today, Canadian Deputy Ambassador to Miami Susan Harper confirmed CBC Four Canadians are no more
Found. These countrymen were staying in two different apartments, he said.
Rescuers still face a major hurdle to find survivors: a fire burns beneath the rubble, preventing rescue teams from advancing in their search, especially due to the smoke coming out of it.
According to Ms. Kawa, the fire, which has been burning for some time now, has spread everywhere under the rubble, making it difficult to isolate the source and put it out.
Using infrared technology, firefighters are now trying to isolate the burning areas and build trenches to continue research. Miami-Tate County Fire Chief Alan Kominski said the condition of those rescued was “extremely serious.”
The fire increased in the evening as efforts were made to remove the debris. We had to stop for a while before we could get more suitable equipment and start making trenches., He explained.
The rain, which began to fall on the Surface, may help firefighters in their fight.
Rescuers’ priority is always to find survivors. According to Daniel Levine Kawa, hope is still possible because there are many cracks in the air in the pile of rubbish that have accumulated at the base of the building.
However, no signs of life have been reported so far and only one body has been found since the crash. So 159 people are still missing.
Programs on the agenda
Ms. Levine Kawa said she plans to inspect all the complex buildings in the county, including buildings that have been built for nearly 40 years.
The dilapidated building, built in 1981, we learned on Saturday, Reviewed in 2018. The consultant who carried it out concluded that there was “major structural damage” to the building, but did not mention that it was dangerous.
The number of buildings to be audited will be revealed soon, the mayor said, adding that at least one construction site on the site needs to be reviewed.
This is Sampline Towers North, which is almost identical to the collapsed building, built a few hundred meters away by the same real estate developer the same year.
Sampline Towers East, a building built in a different style and at another time, rebuilt by the same developer.
Earlier on Saturday morning, Surfsite Mayor Charles Burkett advised Sampling Towers North residents to vacate their apartment, saying they could not guarantee they were safe. Mr. Burkett said he was working on a plan to relocate them temporarily.
If we believe the words of Florida Governor Ron Desantis, this recommendation will become a proper one. Attending the press conference, Mr. Desantis said the mayor could issue a statement at the end of the day on the matter.
The Governor also recalled that all the necessary resources would be utilized to deal with the current situation.