- The Utah Jazz picked up a win last night over the Denver Nuggets, thanks in large part to a career-high 34 points from Alec Burks. Replacing the injured Gordon Hayward in the starting lineup, Burks also grabbed 3 rebounds and dished out 5 assists. It’s always cool to see younger guys have breakout performances. Check out highlights of his career night below.
- The New York Knicks won their fifth straight game last night, beating the Phoenix Suns 98-96. Carmelo Anthony had a big game, scoring 29 points and grabbing 16 rebounds, but the most memorable moment came after the game, when he was informed the team had to play again the next day.
“We gotta ‘nother game tomorrow? Shiiiiiiiiit.” https://t.co/UaF2DthPSI
— netw3rk (@netw3rk) January 14, 2014
- The Milwaukee Bucks got beat up again last night, falling 116-94 to the Toronto Raptors. But there were a few positives, as Ersan Ilyasova got hot, scoring a season-high 29 points. The Turkish forward has had a rough season, missing games to injury early in the year and struggling to regain his form once he’s returned. He’s looked a little better of late however, and could be a name we start to see pop up in trade rumors as we move closer to the deadline. Plus, there’s always Giannis Antetokounmpo. He filled up the box score last night, scoring 11 points, grabbing 7 rebounds, handing out 4 assists and getting 2 steals and a block.
- Along with the Bucks, the Celtics and Magic also both lost yesterday, pushing their respective losing streaks to nine and eight games with their Sunday matchup looming on the horizon.
- It isn’t all bad news for the Celtics however, because guys, look!
— Rajon Rondo (@RajonRondo) January 14, 2014
RONDO BACK ON FRIDAY!