Welcome all stat geeks! “Box Score Bulletin’” is sifting through, analyzing and summarizing all of the NBA box scores from the previous day and night, so you don’t have to! So sip your coffee and enjoy the good, the bad and the ugly…
Celtics (5-4) 97 @ Nets (5-2) 102
- Leading scorers: BOS – Paul Pierce 22, BKN – Brook Lopez, Deron Williams 24.
- A very efficient game for Brook Lopez with 24 points (also 4 blocks) on 11-14 shooting.
- Deron Williams is playing better of late, finishing with 24 points and 8 assists.
- Even without Rondo, the Celtics outscored the Nets 19-5 in fast break points.
- Leandro Barbosa started in place of Rondo and finished with 17 points.
- Courtney Lee had a solid game off the bench with 13 points, 9 rebounds, 3 assists and 3 steals in 33 minutes of action.
Knicks (6-0) 104 @ Spurs (7-2) 100
- Leading scorers: NYK -Raymond Felton 25, SAN – Tony Parker 19.
- The Knicks outscored the Spurs 32-24 in the 4th quarter for the comeback win.
- They did this with Carmelo Anthony only scoring 9 points (only attempted 12 shots, 3-12) for the entire game.
- Ray Felton led the way with 25 points (10-20 FG) and 7 assists while Tyson Chandler posted a double double of 13 points and 11 rebounds.
- Sheed had 10 points (2-3 3PT).
- Tony Parker only made 7 of 20 shots, but finished with a team high 19 points, 6 rebounds and 12 assists.
- Stephen Jackson grabbed 11 rebounds off the bench in 26 minutes.
- Duncan with yet another double double of 14 points, 14 rebounds and 3 blocks.
Heat (7-3) 98 @ Nuggets (4-5) 93
- Leading scorers: MIA – LeBron James 27, DEN – Andre Miller 19.
- In the loss, Kenneth Faried 16 points and grabbed 20 rebounds.
- Ty Lawson meanwhile, did register a single point in the game (0-7 FG).
- Andre Miller finished with 19 points, 5 rebounds and 7 assists.
- In only 21 minutes, JaVale McGee registered 18 points (9-12 FG), 6 rebounds and 4 blocks.
- The Heat’s lack of size showed up in the box score, but didn’t affect the win column, as they got outrebounded 48-29 and outscored 50-24 in the paint.
- With Wade out, LeBron handled the load with 27 points, 7 rebounds and 12 assists, including a shredding of the Nuggets defense in the 4th quarter.