Welcome all stat geeks! “Box Score Bulletin’” is sifting through, analyzing and summarizing all of the NBA box scores from the previous day and night, so you don’t have to! So sip your coffee and enjoy the good, the bad and the ugly…
Thunder (3-2) 97 @ Bulls (3-2) 91
- Leading scorers: OKC – Kevin Durant 24, CHI – Luol Deng 27.
- Serge Ibaka emerged with some offense for the Thunder. In 37 minutes, he posted 21 points (8-15 FG), 9 rebounds and 4 blocks.
- Kevin Durant got his points, 24 on 11-19 shooting, but only managed to grab 4 rebounds.
- Russell Westbrook finished with 16 points and 12 assists, but shot only 7-22 from the field (1-7 3PT).
- Luol Deng had his season high in scoring with 27, on 11-21 shooting.
- Joakim Noah had a solid all around game with 9 points, 13 rebounds and 6 assists.
Clippers (4-2) 103 @ Trail Blazers (2-3) 90
- Leading scorers: LAC – Jamal Crawford 25, POR – Nicolas Batum 23.
- It might be a reach, but could it be possible that Jamal Crawford leads this team in scoring? Another 25 points off the bench tonight, giving him a 21.8 average on the season. It will be unlikely once Billups/Hill return, but impressive nonetheless.
- DeAndre Jordan with another solid game: 21 points (8-10 FG) and 8 rebounds. Also, Shaq called him “the best center in the West.”
- There has been talk about “has Blake’s offensive game regressed” lately. He grabbed 10 boards in the game, but managed only 7 points.
- The Clippers won another battle on the glass, outrebounding the Blazers 44-31.
- Nic Batum got off to a slow start, but finished with 23 points, 9 rebounds, 5 assists and 3 steals.
BONUS: Toronto Recreational Sports League Box Score
RocNation (7-1) 41 @ Cannibals (3-5) 31
- The Cannibals were shorthanded in this game, having only 4 starters (having to play the full 50 mintues), while RocNation had 2 bench players available.
- The Cannibals struggled on the offensive end, shooting only 31 for 74 (42%) from the field.
- Trewartha-Ledingham led the Cannibals with 5 blocked shots (almost a career high).
- Jardine had a team high 10 assists for the Cannibals.
- Watson led the Cannibals with 16 rebounds, 8 of them on the offensive glass.
- RocNation was led by their tallest player, who shot 85% from the field (shattering his career high) and grabbed 15 offensive rebounds.
- RocNation’s artist formerly known as “Ponytail” led all scorers with 7 buckets in the paint. He was also incredible on the defensive end with his “natural” defensive abilities.
- Alley Oops: RocNation 2, Cannibals 1.
- Epic Hygiene Fails: RocNation 1, Cannibals 0.