Welcome all stat geeks! “Box Score Bulletin’” is sifting through, analyzing and summarizing all of the NBA box scores from the previous day and night, so you don’t have to! So sip your coffee and enjoy the good, the bad and the ugly…
Wizards (1-4) 101 @ Raptors (3-1) 104
- Leading scorers: WAS – Trevor Booker 12, TOR – Landry Fields 15.
- I’ve been waiting to jump all over Kyle Lowry’s first game as a Raptor. The result: 14 points (4-10 FG), 6 assists, 3 rebounds and 3 steals.
- Jose Calderon and John Lucas backing him up: 17 points, 11 assists, 1 turnover.
- Jonas Watch: 8 points, 8 rebounds and 3 blocks.
- Jordan Crawford continues to get his shots up. Another 14 FGA’s in this game, along with 7 assists. Huh?
Cavaliers (3-3) 99 @ 76ers (3-1) 113
- Leading scorers: CLE – Kyrie Irving 23, PHI – Nick Young, Maalik Wayns 19.
- The Sixers made 12 of their 25 3-point attempts in this game (48%).
- Maalik Wayns (who should easily sure a roster spot) and Nick Young combined to shoot 14-22 off the bench, scoring 38 points.
- Interesting line for Spencer Hawes (a center) in this one: 4 points on 1-10 shooting, 2 rebounds, 7 assists.
- Another solid Tristan Thompson game with 10 points, 10 rebounds and 3 more blocked shots.
Grizzlies (2-2) 102 @ Rockets (3-2) 109
- Leading scorers: MEM – Mike Conley Jr. 18, HOU – Kevin Martin 22.
- Rudy Gay and Marc Gasol struggled shooting in this one, a combined 5-23 from the field.
- Mike Conley led the Grizz for the second straight game in scoring with his 18 points.
- Jeremy Lin’s shooting woes continued (only 3-9) but he did chip in with 12 assists and 4 steals.
- I know it’s still preseason, but does anyone have the odds on Kevin Martin winning the scoring title? I may just entertain that prop bet. 22 points again tonight.
Suns (2-1) 100 @ Mavericks (2-2) 94
- Leading scorers: PHX – Jared Dudley 16, DAL – Chris Kaman 16.
- Markieff Morris with a dreadful 2-14 from the field.
- My Jae Crowder love continues to grow. In 26 minutes he had 10 points, 6 rebounds, 5 steals and 3 blocks. Impressive stuff yet again.
- Dirk missed his 3rd straight game with a knee injury (which Mark Cuban isn’t worried about at all).
Nuggets (3-1) 80 @ Trail Blazers (2-2) 97
- Leading scorers: DEN – Kenneth Faried 17, POR – Wesley Matthews 19.
- Very unlike the Denver Nuggets to only score 80 points in a game. However, shooting only 38% (27-71) overall and 10% (2-20) from downtown will not help the cause.
- Kenneth Faried was the only Nugget in double figures in scoring (17). He also had 11 rebounds.
- Solid game for Blazers backup point guard Nolan Smith with 9 points, 5 rebounds and 8 assists in 31 minutes of action.
Warriors (4-1) 98 @ Kings (2-1) 88
- Leading scorers: GSW – Stephen Curry 19, SAC – Isaiah Thomas 13.
- The Kings three highest scorers, Cousins, Evans and Thornton combined to shoot just 8-32 (25%) from the floor.
- Embarrassingly, the Kings managed only 9 assists for the entire game and shot a terrible 3-21 from three.
- David Lee continues his stellar preseason with another double double (16 pts, 14 rebs), despite only shooting 5-18 overall.
- Steph Curry led the team again with 19 points (also 5 rebs and 4 assists) before fouling out of the game.
Jazz (3-2) 94 @ Clippers (2-2) 96
- Leading scorers: UTA – Randy Foye 17, LAC – Blake Griffin 23.
- Monster game for DeAndre Jordan with 11 points, 16 rebounds and 3 blocks. Now, if he could only make some damn free throws (5-13).
- Real nice game also for Blake Griffin with his 23 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists and 5 steals.
- Jamaal Tinsley got the start in this one and while he dished out 7 assists, he had 0 points (0-5 FG).
- Jeremy Evans had 4 blocked shots in this game, one of which may have led to the most exciting highlight(s) of the preseason so far.