Welcome all stat geeks! “Box Score Bulletin’” is sifting through, analyzing and summarizing all of the NBA box scores from the previous day and night, so you don’t have to! So sip your coffee and enjoy the good, the bad and the ugly…
Clippers (1-2) 99 @ Heat (1-2) 89
- Leading scorers: LAC – DeAndre Jordan 18, MIA – Rodney Carney 15.
- Big game for DeAndre Jordan, scoring 18 points on 8-8 shooting with 9 rebounds and 2 blocks. If the Clippers get thisDeAndre on offense during the season, they will be extremely tough.
- Eric Bledsoe should prove to be very valuable in terms of point guard depth for the Clips this season. He had 8 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals and 2 blocks.
- Rodney Carney is putting forth a good effort get back into the league and make the Heat roster. He put 15 points, 5 rebounds and 2 steals.
Spurs (3-1) 116 @ Rockets (2-1) 107
- Leading scorers: SAN – Wesley Witherspoon 17, HOU – Donatas Motiejunas 16.
- The Spurs bench accounted for 71 of the 116 points scored (Blair 16, Joseph 12, Ginobili 11, Neal 10, Curry 10).
- Speaking of the Spurs bench, two encouraging lines were Eddy Curry with 10 pts, 3 rebs, 2 blks and DeJuan Blair, who saw his minutes diminish last season, with 16 pts, 6 rebs.
- Jeremy Lin had a rough night with 4 points (1-10 FG), 1 rebound, 1 assist in 25 minutes.
- Omer Asik did NOT have a rough night and had another strong game with 13 points, 11 rebounds and 5 assists.
- Do not overlook rookie Donatas Motiejunas, who contributed another solid game with 16 points and 8 rebounds 25 minutes.
Hawks (1-2) 102 @ Grizzlies (2-1) 110
- Leading scorers: ATL – Al Horford 13, MEM – Mike Conley Jr. 18.
- Mike Conley went a perfect 5-5 from behind the arc on the way to leading the game with 18 points.
- Zach Randolph posted a double double with 14 points and 10 rebounds, while Jerryd Bayless had 10 points, 5 rebounds and 7 assists in backup point guard duty.
- The Hawks lost despite outscored the Grizz 19-7 in fast break points.
- The Hawks also had no player on the team attempt more than 10 field goals.
- Josh Smith (8 pts, 6 rebs, 3 asts, 2 stls) and Al Horford (13 pts, 5 rebs) both came off the bench in this game.