Quick excerpt from when I called Corn after last night’s Suns-Lakers game:
Matt: So the Lakers are the greatest team ever, and they’ll never lose again, and they’ll win every game from here on out, and Kobe Bryant is the MVP of the universe. Jesus, Kobe is good.
Corn: Yup. Pretty much.
- Pure Point’s got an excellent quick breakdown of the Hornets-Rockets trade.
- Always nice when your fans make the trip. To chant for your dismissal.
- Oh, Jesus. Headbands. Here we go again.
- By the way, Jeremy Richardson, the MVP of the D-League All-Star Game is averaging 7 points in 8 minutes in first two games for the Hawks. That’s pretty good, if you were checking. Just sayin’.
- Maybe the Cavs just aren’t going to get healthy this season.
- Portland’s keeping their head, with their eyes on the prize. And other analogies.
- Not everyone is saying be patient with the Hawks. Some are, though.
- Adios, Juan Dixon!
- Always nice when you’re a perennial All-Star and Hall of Famer, and the star of your rival is happy to see you come because the other guys killed his team. That’s fun.
- Whoulda thunk Linas Kleiza could be this big of a deal at the beginning the season? Now? Makes perfect sense.
- Channing Frye is focused. On video games.
- We should just rename this the Empty The Bench Spot. Today it’s great expiring contracts to be moved.
- We talked about this a while back, but the Minneapolis police are interested in Richard Jefferson. This wouldn’t have happened if Diop was with him.
- Something’s going on in Cleveland, but Windhorst is mum.
- By the way, on a side Windhorst-related note, the Cavs aren’t letting Ilgauskas play for his national team. Interesting on a lot of levels.
- So this is terrifying.
- Hey, someone compared the Western conference trades to an arms race, and dropped a Fall Out Boy reference!That’s fun. Oh, wait. Just kiddin’, GMTR!
- I’m sorry. I love it when the Knicks get blown out. I know it’s sadistic. But then you get things like this. And this.
- Who’s gonna get that last spot on the Suns? Here are some choices. HINT: I’ve got a whole list of D-League guys they should sign.
- This is certainly awkward to visualize.
- Thanks, PH!
- As long as we’re not overreacting.
- I wish they’d update this throughout the day. I also wish the underwear had Woj’s name on it.
- Woah! The Association was not only it’s usual insightful self, but actually cordial. Now I’ve seen everything. Wait, it’s trade deadline day. No I haven’t.